When searching for a resilient storage solution, it’s crucial to identify the must-have capabilities that will safeguard your data and protect against threats. To assist you in your quest, we’ve compiled a comprehensive shopping list of the top 10 essential features to look for. From security measures to data resilience for containers, each capability plays a vital role in ensuring the integrity, availability, and recoverability of your valuable digital assets.
- Identity and Administrative Security: One of the fundamental pillars of a resilient storage solution is strong identity and administrative security. This component establishes robust access controls, preventing unauthorized access and defending against malicious activity. By implementing stringent security measures, organizations can ensure that only authorized individuals have access to sensitive data.
- Identification and Monitoring: To stay ahead of evolving threats, a resilient storage solution should incorporate advanced identification and monitoring capabilities. Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies, organizations can proactively detect suspicious activities, monitor the IT environment, and identify potential threats. This continuous monitoring enables timely response and mitigation of security incidents.
- Encryption: Data encryption is a crucial component in ensuring the confidentiality and privacy of sensitive information. By encrypting data at rest and in transit, organizations can protect against unauthorized access and data breaches. Robust encryption mechanisms provide an additional layer of security, safeguarding data even if it falls into the wrong hands.
- Multiple Layers of Backup: Data backups act as a safety net in the event of data loss or corruption. A resilient storage solution should incorporate multiple layers of backup, including frequent backups and isolated storage environments. This strategy minimizes the impact of data-destructive events and enables efficient data recovery.
- Air Gap and Isolation: Implementing measures such as logical data isolation adds an extra layer of protection against cyber threats. By storing data in isolated and tamper-proof repositories, organizations can minimize the risk of unauthorized modification or deletion. This approach ensures the integrity and recoverability of critical data.
- Automation and Orchestration: Automation and orchestration streamline data recovery processes, reducing complexity and minimizing downtime. By implementing automated workflows and processes, organizations can efficiently restore data and resume business operations promptly. This capability enhances operational efficiency and reduces the impact of disruptions.
- Rapid Recovery: Quick and efficient data recovery is essential for minimizing business downtime. A resilient storage solution should offer rapid recovery capabilities, enabling organizations to access mounted data volumes, native file formats, and searchable catalogs of virtual machines, databases, and files. This ensures swift data restoration across hybrid cloud environments.
- Self-Service Data Access: Enabling business users to access and create data copies for analytics and other purposes is crucial for organizational agility. A resilient storage solution should provide a self-service portal with role-based access control, empowering users while maintaining data security. Additionally, seamless integration with applications and tools through REST APIs facilitates efficient development, testing, and analytics processes.
- Metadata Management for Unstructured Data: As the volume of unstructured data grows, efficient metadata management becomes crucial. This capability enables rapid ingestion, indexing, and classification of metadata, facilitating automatic identification of sensitive information. By managing metadata effectively, organizations can enhance data organization, searchability, and compliance.
- Data Resilience for Containers: With the increasing adoption of containerized applications, a resilient storage solution should support container orchestration platforms and provide data resilience for containers. Native integration with platforms like Kubernetes ensures complete data recovery, enabling organizations to protect their application development and deployment processes.
When it comes to resilient storage solutions, DataSkill proudly recommends IBM’s Data Resilience Portfolio. With IBM’s Storage solutions, organizations can discover the unparalleled power of comprehensive data resilience. By leveraging IBM’s technology, businesses can experience heightened operational efficiency, reduced downtime, and increased agility in managing their valuable data assets. At DataSkill, we understand the importance of partnering with industry-leading providers like IBM to deliver robust and tailored solutions that meet the unique needs of each organization. Trust in IBM’s expertise and embrace the power of data resilience to safeguard your business for the future.